Why fundraise with IAPWA?
We’re not going to beat around the bush - by fundraising with IAPWA you really are giving sick, vulnerable, hungry and abandoned strays a second chance at life. With the funds you raise we are able to rescue, feed, treat, neuter, vaccinate and provide a vital lifeline to the animals who really need us.
But fundraising with us doesn’t just benefit the animals; it can also have lots of amazing benefits for you! It can teach you new skills, give you the space to be creative, and even provide you with an opportunity to meet new people and become part of a like-minded animal-loving community. Read on to find out more…
How can I support IAPWA to help the animals?
One of the beauties of fundraising is that anyone can do it; you just have to find a cause close to your heart. There are so many ways to get involved and start raising vital funds for animals worldwide. You can download our Fundraising Handbook that outlines just some of the ways you can help.
Our current fundraisers are organising Christmas events, getting a group together to take part in a car boot sale, conquering gym-based challenges and setting up Facebook Fundraisers for their birthday. There are so many possibilities and the best part is that you can do what you enjoy and feel comfortable doing.
And where does my money go?
- £5 could provide a much-needed food bundle to feed a hungry stray
- £25 could provide urgent veterinary treatment for a stray in need
- £50 could help us neuter five dogs to prevent puppies being born on the streets
- £100 could help us vaccinate over 30 dogs to prevent the spread of deadly disease
- £300 could feed the dogs in one of our overseas projects for one whole month
- £500 could provide urgent, life-saving veterinary care for over 20 of our stray patients
Some benefits of fundraising
- You’ll meet new people – Whether that’s virtually through our dedicated Facebook Group or in person if you choose to put on events, markets, attend car boot sales or take on a challenge. Very often, the people you meet through a charity become the friends that are most like you.
- It can open up new opportunities – Through our Facebook Fundraising group we share our fundraising ideas and offer help and connections to one another. At IAPWA we also have other volunteer opportunities that come up which you will be the first to know about.
- It’ll get your creative juices flowing – The sky’s the limit with what you can do when fundraising with us. If you enjoy thinking outside the box, this is a lovely safe place to do it and try something new.
- You’ll get the best support – We not only help with fundraising tips, ideas, flyers and collection buckets but our Community & Events Manager, Rachel, is always on hand to help, either via a phone call or message. You will also have other fundraisers in a similar position to offer help and support or to team up with to create an event.
- Your mental health will improve – No, you don’t need to be training for a challenge for this to be the case. According to research conducted by Harvard University, people who contributed their time to a charity were “42% more likely to be happy” compared to those who didn’t. It’s no wonder that by giving up your time to change the lives of animals in need you feel a sense of achievement and purpose giving you that ‘helpers high!’
By working together we can accomplish so much and help improve the lives of so many animals in need around the world. If you would like to learn more or are ready to join our team please get in touch with our Community & Events Manager Rachel via email@example.com today. We can’t wait to work with you!